Friday, June 5, 2009

Have a Heart, Give a Heart

Sam Savage is a man of many stories. His life has been filled with so much exciting stuff - from drag racing on Cherry Hill to owning his own business to dancing in the streets. I love to sit and listen to all the funny and often crazy stories he has experienced in his life.



Sammy has loved and laughed and lived! He is a fun person to be around that knows how to get the party started.

When Sam and my Mom were married I was twelve years old, and for any of you who have ever dealt with or been a teenage girl you know what kind of special person it takes to sign up for the job of dad at that time.  But that's exactly what Sam did.

For the past 17 years he has taught, disciplined, and loved me.  Alongside my mom, Sam helped mold me into what I have become today.

Sam still has a ton of life to live and joy to give, but now Sam needs a heart.

I don't want this to be a soapbox letter - I just know for me personally it took someone I love needing a transplant for me to send in my organ donor registration. My thought is if knowing a person that was affected by organ donation inspired even one person to send in their donation registration then that could be more lives saved.

It is the easiest thing I have ever done. Go to www.organdonor.gov and find your state website. Just fill out the paperwork and send it in. Of course, you can also choose to donate when you renew you drivers license.



No comments: